jrmcguin <AT> cs <DOT> ucsd <DOT> edu
I’m a sixth-year PhD student working with George Porter. My academic interests include datacenter networking, traffic control, environmental computing, and ecological conservation.
I received B.S. and M.Eng. degrees in Computer Science at Cornell University.
My personal interests include hiking, boardgames, and tea! I also volunteer at the California Wolf Center, performing animal care.
- SmartphonesStipulated Smartphones for Students: The Requirements of Modern Technology for AcademiaSeventh Workshop on Computing within Limits 2021
- OperaExpanding across time to deliver bandwidth efficiency and low latencyIn 17th USENIX Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation (NSDI 20) 2020
- 100-Gb/s TDMAEvaluating the Performance of Software NICs for 100-Gb/s Datacenter Traffic ControlIn Proceedings of the 2018 Symposium on Architectures for Networking and Communications Systems 2018
- RotorNetRotorNet: A Scalable, Low-Complexity, Optical Datacenter NetworkIn Proceedings of the Conference of the ACM Special Interest Group on Data Communication 2017
- TerraWattTerraWatt: Sustaining Sustainable Computing of Containers in ContainersCoRR 2021
- Dark PacketsDark Packets and the End of Network ScalingIn Proceedings of the 2018 Symposium on Architectures for Networking and Communications Systems 2018